The Coomera Connector is a new road corridor for up to six lanes between Loganholme and Nerang, east of the Pacific Motorway (M1). The corridor extends for approximately 45 kilometres and will relieve traffic pressures on the M1.
Planit has been commissioned to deliver an ecological study to investigate Matters of National Environmental Significance, evaluate impacts and provide recommendations for the planning and design options for the corridor. These recommendations will be used to guide the traffic planning and engineering components of the project.
Logan to Nerang, Queensland
2018 – present
– Ecological assessments
– Flora and fauna assessments
– Quantification of environmental offsets
– Coordination and reporting on EPBC Act matters
– Strategic corridor assessments
– Incorporation of flora and fauna design requirements into road corridor planning
– Stakeholder consultation including federal, state and local governments.