Planit was engaged by Lismore City Council for the preliminary design, detailed design and contract administration of the redevelopment of Oakes Oval and Crozier Field in Lismore. This scope included project management, civil engineering, town planning and landscaping architecture.
Planit was responsible for consulting with Cricket NSW, AFL Australia and other regional stakeholders to ensure that the facility upgrade is designed to State playing standards for all sporting disciplines. Many issues arose with the proposed design that caused clashes between the needs of both Cricket NSW and AFL Australia, however Planit’s team effectively managed both parties and provided a solution that met the needs of all stakeholders.
The federally funded project set out to achieve the following outcomes:
- creation of a Regional Sports Hub to deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of the North Coast and New South Wales
- development of a primary centre of co-located sport and active recreation facilities and provision of sub-elite sport support services, sport and administration offices resulting in an increase in Lismore’s capacity to host large events and attract athletes at all levels
- increase in the productivity of the Oakes Oval and Crozier Field though greater usage in both number and size of events and from this growth in the local economy and contribution to the state and national economy
- opportunities for increased local employment, greater tourism and industry diversification making the region more attractive to existing and future residents.
Planit’s successful delivery of this project resulted in Oakes Oval hosted the region’s first AFL pre-season match in early 2019.
Lismore, New South Wales
2017 – 2020
– Project management
– Stakeholder management
– Civil design
– Site investigations
– Town planning
– Landscape design
– Tendering and construction management.